ZapGard® Cathodic Protection Test Station
The ZapGard® cathodic protection test station is a 5 to 10 lead version of the widely used BigFink® station, PLUS the unique shock guard to protect personnel from accidental contact with the electrical terminals AND banana plug terminals for all test leads. Made by Cott Manufacturing Co. and readily available from distributors worldwide, the ZapGard® test station provides all the ruggedness of the BigFink® station plus the safety features of the ZapGard® and the convenience of banana plug terminals. The ZapGard® test station is made of high impact strength, non-conductive Lexan®. It may be used as a terminal for test leads to read:
- Underground structure-to-soil potentials.
- Cathodic protection anode currents.
- The resistive integrity of insulation flanges and joints.
- The integrity of insulation between all types of underground metallic structures, such as between a carrier and its casing.
- Stray currents on all types of underground structures.
- "Dead Front" design - no exposed metallic surfaces protects against accidental contact with electrical terminals, conforms to NACE Standard RP-01-77 paragraph 4.4.4
- High-impact strength - molded of Lexan®, one of the world's toughest plastics which is used to make football helmets, military helmet liners, crash helmets, snow mobile bodies, aircraft windows, etc.
- Has four times the impact strength of aluminum.
- One-half the weight of aluminum.
- Will not rust, corrode, shock, shatter, peel, add weight or absorb heat.
- Has dimensional and electrical stability from -60 degrees F. to +250 degrees F.
- Stable under ultraviolet attack.
- Terminals completely accessible from both sides of terminal board.
- Maintenane free - eliminates painting - comes in a variety of colors.
- Non-metallic Lexan® drastically reduces shock hazard.
- Available in your choice of colors - black, blue, red, orange, yellow, green, and white - other colors available on request.
- Accessories include: Nickel plated copper bonding straps, calibrated shunts, power resistors, lightning arrestors, meters, etc.
- Can be ordered with a locking device.
Test Station: Lexan®
ZapGard® Cover: Lexan®
Hardware: Banana Jacks - Lexan® heads with nickel plated brass bodies and hex nuts.
Conduit: Ultraviolet stabilized polyethylene - predrilled in 5 foot lengths with anchor and access holes for wires. Each test station consists of a lockable cover, a terminal board with integral compression fit base and a compression nut for clamping the base to the conduit. Also included is the unique ZapGard® cover and banana plug terminals for all test leads. Conduit, wiring and other accessories are available on request.
Available in models to fit 3/4", 1-1/4", 2" and 3" diameter conduit.
Single (5 Lead) ZapGard®
Double (8 Lead) ZapGard®